At Birkdale South State School our Teaching and learning intent is to develop resilient, technology literate, engaged, autonomous learners, equipped with the tools and thinking to embrace “Limitless Learning”.
• An inclusive pedagogy based on child centred, personalised learning for all students;
• Teaching that guides, supports and facilitates students becoming autonomous, self-directed and motivated learners;
• Mutual trust that all students are capable of achieving and that Teachers have the students’ best interest at heart;
• Students are supported to develop the emotional stability and resilience to cope successfully with ongoing change, strive for personal achievement and make a useful contribution to society;
• Students are encouraged to demonstrate accountability for their learning through discussions of their learning goals and achievements;
• Students who value lifelong learning and are engaged in a global community and a teaching staff that value capacity building for all;
• Rigorous, on-going student assessment based on demonstrated consistent learning achievements in a variety of settings and over time;
• Invites students to “Limitless Learning”, allowing them to negotiate where and how they learn depending on their needs, interests, learning styles and goals;
• A focus on becoming a technologically literate school community using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to enhance the learning process where it is most appropriate;
• Strong links between home, school and the wider community.
We understand that ours is a learning community – students, teachers through continuing professional learning and parents for their personal growth, are all capable of “Limitless Learning”